Friday, January 30, 2009






The cold morning air...

The chill wind that cuts into the bones...

The sea of mist that flows towards the East in the lowlands...

The vast hilly terrain that stretches as far as the eyes can see....

The white peaks of the mountain...

Wild horses grazing...

The warm summer sun, yet blinding, beyond the hills.....


For 2 weeks I have lived in such conditions, suffering some degree of jet lag in the begining. Its 5hrs earlier than Singapore. It was a 6 hr bus ride to reach my destination. It was a struggle to wake up every morning bcos its so cold. I loved it. It was more satisfying pulling off the warm blankets. Hot showers, long johns, woolen gloves became a daily essentials. The food was good, with beef served almost every meal. I even got mini fruit danishes as part of the meal. Never had I tasted so many kinds of deserts... one of them...butter bread pudding. A cup of hot tea after each meal. I also found out that the kiwis, the non native ones, don't really like greens. I do missed those. I see wild horses and hares everyday. There's two distinct herds in home vally and one beyond nursary on the plains beside the river. They were magnificant, with their mane flowing in the wind as they gallop on. Everyday i drive 8km to my post. Everyday I feel refreshed as I breath the air that is not tainted with exhaust fumes or cooking coco. I feel boundless as I gazed at the landscape. My Spirit expands and my heart livens... my craving for space seems to be satisfyed then, when I was still back in New Zealand. I'd love to be back there again.



Searchlight 29 Jan 2009
"Angel and Devil is but a choice away."

No comments: